- This event has passed.
Introduction to Building Material Sales @ DoubleTree by Hilton Denver Tech Center
October 5, 2021
Mountain States Lumber & Building Material Dealers Association will be conducting Introduction to Building Material Sales at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel – Denver Tech Center. Workshop hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your instructor will be Casey Voorhees, WBMA’s Executive Director. This session provides your entry-level personnel with a basic understanding of building material operations, product usage in residential construction and customer service basics.
Comments from recent attendees:
- “I wished I would have had this when I first started.”
- “Very good on materials & covered a basis to build on.”
- “Very informative, lots of helpful info.”
- “Good core class.”
- “Our four employees had a very positive learning experience.”
Topics covered include:
- Building material terminology
- Abbreviations, formulas, measures
- Margins, board footage, price conversions
- Customer relations & Practical selling skills
- How profits are made (and lost)
- Product usage on the jobsite – from boards to plywood, floor, walls, trusses, roofing, soffit/siding, mouldings and interior finish, stair parts, doors, windows, insulation and builders hardware.
Who should attend? Sales and yard personnel new to the industry, employees with limited training, as well as those more experienced employees desiring additional industry knowledge will all benefit from attending this workshop.
Non-Members: $395/person (must be paid in advance)
Fees includes lunch, course manual, blueprints, architectural and joist/truss layout scale.
DoubleTree by Hilton Tech Center
7801 E Orchard Rd
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Hotel Room Rate: $129
Register Now! Reservations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Cancellations not received within 72 hours of the workshop will forfeit their registration fees. You can register online using the form below, or download a PDF and fax it to us.
Please note: we are taking all necessary precautions as it relates to social distancing and gatherings. We will be spacing attendees 6′ apart which will limit class sizes.
Registration and Payment Form
"*" indicates required fields