- This event has passed.
Building Materials 101
November 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Introduction to Building Materials – Building Materials 101
This one day class is designed for those students with zeo to beginning building materials knowledge. Learn about building materials, their usage in residential construction, material management, how profits are made (or lost) as well as basic customer service and sales skills. This session provides your entry-level personnel with a basic understanding of building materials, product usage in residential construction and customer service/sales basics. Casey Voorhees, Western Building Material Association’s Executive Director, will be returning to teach this informative course.
Comments from former attendees:
- “I wished I would have had this when I first started”
- “Very good on materials & covered a basis to build on.”
- “Very informative, lots of helpful info”
- “Good core class”
- “Our four employees had a very positive learning experience”
- “I would hope to see you continue with these classes”
Topics covered include:
- Building material terminology
- Abbreviations, formulas, measures
- Margins, board footage, price conversions
- Customer relations & practical selling skills
- How profits are made (and lost)
- Product usage on the jobsite – from boards to plywood, cement, floors, walls, trusses, roofing, soffit/siding, mouldings and interior finish, stair parts, doors, windows, insulation and builder hardware.
Who should attend?
Sales and yard personnel new to the industry, employees with limited LBM training, as well as those more experienced employees desiring additional industry knowledge will all benefit from attending this workshop.
- MSLBMDA Member Rate: $295.00 per attendee
- Non-Members: $495.00 – paid in advance
Fee includes lunch and all course materials, manuals, and product reference guides.