- Date: October 15 & 16, 2018
- Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (both days)
- Location: Guardian Conference Room, 5851 Edith Blvd
- City: Albuquerque, NM
Workshop hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on both days. WBMA’s Executive Director, Casey Voorhees, will provide 2 full days of instruction and discussion of residential construction methods, blueprint reading and material take offs. Attendees will receive hands-on experience figuring an actual set of working drawings.
Material covered in the workshop will be:
- Blueprint Reading Wall Framing
- Scale Usage Siding & Exterior Trim
- Estimating Formulas Roof Systems
- Common Material Applications
- Hip, Valley & Floor Layout
- Jack Rafters
Attendees will learn basic blueprint reading by identifying lines, symbols and details while developing an understanding of elevations, floor plans, framing and sectional views.
Students will be introduced to various residential construction methods and estimating formulas while working on a basic single level home with a trussed roof.
Attendees are required to bring a calculator and pencils.