- Date: December 6 – 7 2017
- Time: 8:00AM – 5:00PM (Both Days)
- MSLBMDA Office, Greenwood Villiage, CO
- 4th Floor Training Room
MSLBMDA will be conducting its popular Blueprint Reading & Material Take-Off Workshop on December 6th and 7th, 2017, at the MSLBMDA Office, 8480 E. Orchard Road, 4th Floor Training Room.
Workshop hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on both days. WBMA’s Executive Director, Casey Voorhees, will provide 2 full days of instruction and discussion of residential construction methods, blueprint reading and material take offs. Attendees will receive hands-on experience figuring an actual set of working drawings.
• Attendees will learn basic blueprint reading by identifying lines, symbols and details while developing an understanding of elevations, floor plans, framing and sectional views.
• Students will be introduced to various residential construction methods and estimating formulas while working on a basic single level home with a trussed roof.
Material covered in the workshop will be:
- Blueprint Reading Wall Framing
- Scale Usage Siding & Exterior Trim
- Estimating Formulas Roof Systems
- Common Material Applications
- Hip, Valley & Floor Layout
- Jack Rafters
Attendees are required to bring a calculator and pencils.
- Special Rate for MSLBMDA Members - $495 per attendee
- Non-Members - $695 and must be paid in advance
- Fees include lunch, course manual, blueprints, architectural and joist/truss layout scale.
- Best Western Tech Center, 9231 E. Arapahoe Road, Englewood, CO 303.792.9999
- LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Tech Center, 9009 E. Arapahoe Road, Greenwood CO 303.799.4555
- (both approximately 10 minutes from MSLBMDA office, most reasonable rates in Tech Center)