Introduction to Building Material Sales
Tuesday, December 6, 2016, the MSLBMDA is offering the Introduction to Building Material Sales at the Doubletree Denver-Stapleton North, 4040 Quebec St, Denver, CO 80216. Rooms are available for $99 by calling 303-321-6666 or 1-800-222-8733 and mentioning Mountain States Lumber Dealers. Workshop hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Your instructor will be Casey Voorhees, Western Building Material Association’s Executive Director.
This is a new session and provides your entry-level personnel with a basic understanding of building material operations, product usage in residential construction and customer service basics.
Comments from attendees: “I wished I would have had this when I first started”; “Very good on materials & covered a basis to build on.”; “Very informative, lots of helpful info”; “Good core class”; “Our four employees had a very positive learning experience. I would hope to see you continue with these classes.”
- Topics covered include:
- Building material terminology
- Abbreviations, formulas, measures,
- Margins, board footage, price con-
- Customer relations & Practical
- How profits are made (and lost)
- Product usage on the jobsite - from trusses, roofing, soffit/siding, mouldings and dows, insulation, ventilation and builders r-values versions selling skills boards to plywood, cement, floor, walls, interior finish, stair parts, doors, win- hardware.
Who should attend: Sales and yard personnel new to the building supply industry or needing a refresher course will benefit from this workshop. Registration includes lunch and a building material reference manual.
Fees: $145 per attendee for MSLBMDA member firms.
Non-MSLBMDA members are $275 per attendee and must be paid in advance.